The Good and the Bad

By | 7:02 PM Leave a Comment
It's been a rough few days, most of which I need to vent about when I get home but my roommate and I vent to each other and then I don't need to write it out anymore. Yesterday I came home and instead of wallowing in my misery, I lit candles, read more British government, and listened to Handel's Messiah. I must say...there is absolutely nothing like the Messiah. I didn't get a lot done but it was ok, and instead I just relaxed for a couple hours. I am currently reading The Kite Runner. It's quite good but there was a point where I was just so in love with the music that I put the book down and, sprawled out in my white cushy chair and overstuffed ottoman, I just took a big breath, closed my eyes and let the music just soak into my soul. I know that sounds cheesy, but it was like I could feel it soaking in. I felt so at peace in that moment.

I am still cooking. I've always liked cooking, but never had the time to do it. My whole life I've been too busy. But, now I'm left just about every night by myself with Mesa (Jess's greyhound). As long as he stops sniffing my food all the time and whining uncontrollably we get along great. Since I finished the third season of LOST and I don't want to do anything school-related, I cook. It's good too because it means I eat. Tonight I attempted Cashew Chicken. I had to buy all these fancy ingredients, but I was a happy little cook chopping and tossing and flipping. After I finished...I look at it...and it looked disgusting. It smelled funny too. Jess said it smelled good but I was skeptical. I hadn't made it quite right, but when I finally took a bite I was pleasantly surprised. It was sooo good! Then I was happy again. Yay! I can cook, even things that look hard and call for things I've never heard of! Anyway...I can make cashew chicken!

Reflection: I'm so glad it's the weekend and I'm hoping it is so incredibly good that it makes next week better. Nate and Keith are lifesavers and we're all saints for dealing with the crappy mandated curriculum. AND, in the end...the week is over...I know these things will pass...my students last year came to love and respect me and I just need to keep loving my students...the Sabbath has begun...and I can just rest in the Lord's peace on His day. Praise God!

0 comments: