The Bonding is Occurring...

By | 8:28 PM Leave a Comment
I think...I think my gov classes and I are finally bonding. It's not perfect yet...but it's coming. Today's First Amendment Friday was great, I was told that they had found my facebook and my facebook group. 6 had already joined it.

Then, on his way out Brian said, "Bye, Boss."

Oh yeah, funny story. Today Gov was in the library, just exploring UK political parties, which is always fun. I went over to some boys in the corner who looked up to no good, but was confused when I saw that they all were looking at a page about the environmentalism of the UK Conservative party. I soon discovered why.

"Ok, what's going on over here?"
**huge grins** and a chuckle
"Show her!"

Apparently the Conservative party is polling the public via their website to help formulate their election manifesto. They have a quick poll...and my students manipulated it. They sat there just hitting "yes" over and over and over again....lol. I was appaled. Darn kids. But...I thought it was very funny. They told me that they had made the quick poll go from 85 to 95%. After Heng stopped clicking (when they were showing me)...they had made it go up by 0.1%. I told them to stop.

On their way out the door they said they fixed it. They made it go back down to 55%. I wanted to yell, but I figured...if the Conservatives have a poll that's that finicky...they deserve to have it manipulated by High Schoolers. I probably should have been harsh...but I just couldn't. Darn it, they're going to walk all over me. Anyway, here's the site. http://standupspeakup.conservatives.com/

It's still at 55%....lol.

0 comments: