Back to the Books!

By | 7:27 PM 1 comment
Well, school started again. So far it's been ok. I was pretty miserable to go back. I was just finally getting to relax some and then all the stomach aches of anxiety returned right before I had to go back. I love the kids though. It's not quite enough at this point to make me happy to be back...but I'm glad I still like them and they seem ok with being back. The semester ends soon and for that I'm thankful, if only so that I don't have to keep reading up more background on Foundations. I get to teach it over again. I hope I get a good class.

Anyway, I really dont' want to talk about school. I've been practically dying to get home since lunch and when I finally was able to get home I collapsed for an hour. I still feel crappy so I'll post pics of the Christmas season instead of writing more.



Some of the massive amounts of cookies we made!


My adorable little buddy, Thomas. I got to play with him while mommy cleaned!


Some very wise guys.

The following pictures are something I am not proud of. Bobby and I fought for multiple weekends about what kind of amazing gingerbread house to make this year. Bobby would not give in. He was adamant...it would be a pagoda. I tried my best...but I gave in. I told my students and they even supported me but I knew that in the end, I would lose. However, because I'm trying to learn to be a good sport, I made the darn pagoda. It took days!!! DAYS!!!! Days of precious break-time! These pictures slowly document the destruction of my hard work by the little brother. Darn him.


My best attempt at a gingerbread pagoda.

Bobby's idea of "decorating" the pagoda I labored over. No thought...no care. Just crap. This is how it ended up...thus ended the pagoda. And thus ended my perfect record. My first failed gingerbread house. I honestly almost cried. Bobby just kept laughing.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

santa would still have been proud of your fallen pagoda.

--camille