Addicted

By | 1:18 AM Leave a Comment
Christmas was wonderful.
My family came over Sunday and I made a scrumptious dinner (have to add that to my resume-->can cook good food)
I made Bobby's darn pagoda gingerbread house. It took hours and it collapsed because he overloaded it with Twizzlers. I had to try hard not to boil over I was so angry. After days of arguing and he wouldn't budge. I GAVE IN (which is actually a huge deal for me, losing) and then he had fun making it collapse. I wanted to cry.
The Christmas Eve service went well. My mom, sis and I sang a trio and busted up laughing at the end of the second verse. Marg and I were laughing so hard we just went and sat down. Apparently the entire church family loved our comedy routine. At least the two verses we did sing before bursting into giggles sounded really nice!
I got a pretty chess set and books for Christmas. I made "Pa packages" for my parents and my dad loved his recliner. (more on the packages later)

And today...I have become hopelessly addicted to the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. I had the first book and read it today. Then we had Christmas dinner and I drank a lot of coffee. We came home, we watched Santa Clause 3 and then I downloaded the second book from the library and just finished the second book. I was distracted all day by it, thinking about what could happen in the next book. Now I'm exhausted and need to sleep. I had intended on going home tonight so that I could wrap presents for friends and come back but all I can think of right now is sleeping so that I can get up tomorrow and go buy the third book. I have always been rather addicted to reading once I get started. I really have to think about starting to think about school but I'm so distracted by my books. I figure, if I can just read the ones that are distracting me in a day, then after that I will have no more cravings and I can focus on my work. I put off work for a day to get my fill of literature and then I can fully focus on my work!

The Culprits...man...no wonder I'm tired. Between the two I must have read about a thousand pages today among my other activities. But seriously, I think I was reading so ravenously that I was skimming. Crazy...I caught myself doing it but i couldn't help it. I wanted to know what happened.

Reflection: Wow...I feel like the character in the book. Only, I'm not ravenous over vampires or humans, but ravenous in my hunger for the book! freaky...

0 comments: