A new obsession

By | 6:20 PM Leave a Comment
I must admit...I have a new obsession. Sabbath I started a new book...and this one...it's good. Though I've been overworked for the last few weeks, I have managed to slip in a few chapters here and there, despite the fact that sleeping would be a better use of that time.

This book...guys...is amazing. It's called The Historian. No groans, please. It is about beautiful old books, awesome old manuscripts, Oxford and scholars and a historical mystery...ooooh!...about....Dracula!!! I was hooked with the first two lines.

A Note to the Reader The story that follows is one I never intended to commit to paper. Recently, however, a shock of sorts has prompted me to look back over the most troubling episodes of my life and of the lives of the several people I loved best.
She goes on to tell that in writing, she has devoted time to research and has been fortune to have access to most of the personal documents in question and used her father's stories. She says that she has researched as carefully as she would any academic text.

And then...

she tells me the story about Dracula, Vlad the Impaler, and of the creepy and sinister events that involved the quest of her family to seek out the undead Dracula.

heh heh

It's great. I'm so creeped out by it though (since it's written as if it's true), that's actually why I'm writing. I refuse to research this book to see if this lady actually thinks it's real or if she made up the letter from the author at the beginning...I don't want to know. I like the scare. At the end...I'll look it up...and if it's not entirely fiction...I'm gonna be incredibly creeped out.

I love books!

0 comments: