I hate my students right now

By | 12:46 PM 2 comments
I am so pissed off. I really hate my students right now and I don't really have that good of a reason why. They're confused. I can see that, but they complain so much that I keep trying to find new ways to teach them and then they don't try and when they don't try they get confused.

ARGH

So we have wasted days on end because they complain and then I change things and then they don't try and so it doesn't work so they get confused and then I get pissed off.

I need a vacation. And I need to scream at someone.

And I need to talk to kids about why they've checked out but they don't want to talk to me and I honestly don't want to talk to them becuase I'm so pissed off at the world.

I need to feel Christ's love for them but I can't. I'm just angry.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, complaining and lack of effort are two of the most frustrating things students can do. Sorry things suck right now.

You know, I've heard screaming actually *can* relieve some of the stress....

http://realrelaxation.net/how-the-relaxation-technique-of-the-primal-scream-can-almost-instantly-release-all-stress-and-anger/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22219591/

:)

-T

Unknown said...

Sam wrote something really heartfelt, funny, thoughtful, and encouraging, but then lost it because of stupid Internet Explorer and not being signed in and not caching the information. Anyway, we're both frustrated about the lost connection. He tried really hard to write it a second time, and even though it's not like the first, I hope you like it:

"Dear Wife #2,

Teaching people who don't want to learn sucks. I can understand your desire to discuss with them why they've checked out... The season (I get lazy during the winter), a new sex and drug craze, or you being totally boring (doubtful on this one). What counts is that you care and you're trying.

I think trying to change things to adjust the overall effectiveness of your lessons is a good thing, and is worth making an ongoing effort to be truly good at what you do. Beyond that, trying to cater to the student du jour will likely end up with the reverse effect, and will (as you've already experienced) frustrate the hell out of you. I recommend checking out Cesar Milan (of "the dog whisperer" fame). Leading groups is just as much about the emotions and sense of command you project as it is about the group of individuals as a whole.

That said, if you want to get hammered and yell at the moon, I'm always down.

Cheers!
Sam"